Sunday, January 29, 2012

I have discovered the crock pot!

This is from one of my favorite websites! the direct link for this recipe is http://crockingirls.com/recipes/main-dish/chicken/chicken-and-sweet-potato-stew.html
BUT! this is the same thing! I am making this for my February recipe 
{One of my resolutions for 2012 is to try a new recipe every month}

Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew {crock pot style}

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
2 Yukon gold potatoes peeled and cubed
2 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 cup non-fat, low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients.
  2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. (4 1/2 quart slow cooker.)
and I just looked up the nutritional information for this recipe its

2 comments:

  1. This looks super duper yummy! Am I really your first follower? WOOT WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crock pot recipes! This looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete